Compatible with 1.6?

Feb 18, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Hi, I'm getting an error when I try to enable this module:

An unhandled exception has occurred and the request was terminated. Please refresh the page. If the error persists, go back

Sequence contains no matching element

System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) at Orchard.Environment.Features.FeatureManager.<>c__DisplayClass2d.<EnableFeature>b__20(String fId) in d:\Dev\OrchardSrc\src\Orchard\Environment\Features\FeatureManager.cs:line 148 at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext() at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext() at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer) at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector) at Orchard.Environment.Features.FeatureManager.<EnableFeature>b__1e(String currentFeatureId, IDictionary`2 featuresState) in d:\Dev\OrchardSrc\src\Orchard\Environment\Features\FeatureManager.cs:line 147 at Orchard.Environment.Features.FeatureManager.GetAffectedFeatures(String featureId, IDictionary`2 features, Func`3 getAffectedDependencies) in d:\Dev\OrchardSrc\src\Orchard\Environment\Features\FeatureManager.cs:line 195 at Orchard.Environment.Features.FeatureManager.GetAffectedFeatures(String featureId, IDictionary`2 features, Func`3 getAffectedDependencies) in d:\Dev\OrchardSrc\src\Orchard\Environment\Features\FeatureManager.cs:line 196 at Orchard.Environment.Features.FeatureManager.EnableFeature(String featureId, IDictionary`2 availableFeatures, Boolean force) in d:\Dev\OrchardSrc\src\Orchard\Environment\Features\FeatureManager.cs:line 153 at Orchard.Environment.Features.FeatureManager.<>c__DisplayClass9.<EnableFeatures>b__4(String featureId) in d:\Dev\OrchardSrc\src\Orchard\Environment\Features\FeatureManager.cs:line 73 at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext() at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) at Orchard.Environment.Features.FeatureManager.EnableFeatures(IEnumerable`1 featureIds, Boolean force) in d:\Dev\OrchardSrc\src\Orchard\Environment\Features\FeatureManager.cs:line 72 at Orchard.Modules.Services.ModuleService.EnableFeatures(IEnumerable`1 featureIds, Boolean force) at Orchard.Modules.Controllers.AdminController.Enable(String id, Nullable`1 force) at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass13.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__10() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass13.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass13.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
are there any problems using it with orchard 1.6?
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2013 at 7:32 PM
I'm not aware of any compatibility issues as I'm also running the module with 1.6. This error is not necessarily specific to FB Suite, I've seen it other times as well. What happens if you try it with another Orchard instance?
Feb 18, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I'll give that a try, I'm using it from within the full source code at the moment.
Feb 22, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Hi,

finally had a chance to try a clean install, everything is fine until I enable Facebook Connect, I get the following error within the Orchard modules page:
The assembly reference 'Piedone.Facebook.Suite' could not be loaded for module 'Piedone.Facebook.Suite.Connect'.

There are generally a few ways to solve this issue: 
1. Install any dependent module. 
2. Remove the assembly reference from the project file if it's not needed. 
3. Ensure the assembly reference is present in the 'bin' directory of the module.
 4. Ensure the assembly reference is present in the 'bin' directory of the application.
 5. Specify the strong name of the assembly (name, version, culture, publickey) if the assembly is present in the GAC.
Coordinator
Feb 22, 2013 at 5:08 PM
This happens sometimes with other modules for me and I don't know why, as the dependencies are there. My guess would be that it's because of some wrong compilation order.
Have you added the FB Suite project to the solution? Did you try a solution rebuild?
Feb 25, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Thanks, a solution rebuild worked.

Sorry for all the questions, I've only just started working with Orchard.
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Great, you're welcome!