Making this a comment replacement module

Nov 27, 2011 at 5:46 AM

I have been playing with the plugins now for a few weeks, and they work awesomely.. and I want to dump the Disqus addin.. The only thing stopping me tho, is that I want this to replace the comment block, much like the disqus addin does.  Any chance that this could be a work item for a future release?

Thanks!

~Dan

Coordinator
Nov 27, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Glad you like the module!

I don't know the Disqus module, although I guess it suppresses the Comments module, not? If that's what you'd like to see, I'm sorry but there are currently no plans for this, intentionally: it's well a valid scenario to use both on the same site. But if you'd like to swap Comments with Facebook Comments that's entirely possible: just remove the Comments part from the types you don't want the built-in Comments to appear and attach the Facebook Comments Part. As all the social widget features have both a part and a widget, they're usable site-wide (or on specified pages, with layer rules) as widgets or content type-wide as parts.

Apr 14, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I am having trouble following these instuctions.

I want to add facebok comments to a blog post, i can remove existsingcomments, but when i click add part, there is no facebook commenst on the list

Any help?

Coordinator
Apr 14, 2012 at 7:02 PM

This is now outdated, as stated in the Documentation (please read it!) you could use the Content Widgets module to attach widgets, so also the Facebook Comments widget to any content type.