Facebook Connect doesn't enable and insists to presents errors

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Good evening,

for days i'm having trouble with enabling Facebook Suite (Facebook Connect, Base, Like, Comments, etc), the error presented is the following:
"
The assembly reference 'Piedone.Avatars' could not be loaded for module 'Piedone.Facebook.Suite.Connect'.

There are generally a few ways to solve this issue:
  1. Install any dependent module.
  2. Remove the assembly reference from the project file if it's not needed.
  3. Ensure the assembly reference is present in the 'bin' directory of the module.
  4. Ensure the assembly reference is present in the 'bin' directory of the application.
  5. Specify the strong name of the assembly (name, version, culture, publickey) if the assembly is present in the GAC.
    "
    The dependent modules properly are installed and when I try to enable one of the components, happens the following big error:
    "
Oops. Something went wrong ... sorry

An unhandled exception has occurred and the request was terminated. Please refresh the page. If the error persists, go back

Sequence contains no matching element

System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable1 source, Func2 predicate) at Orchard.Environment.Features.FeatureManager.<>c__DisplayClass2d.<EnableFeature>b__20(String fId) in c:\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\Features\FeatureManager.cs:line 148 at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator2.MoveNext() at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator1.MoveNext() at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable1 source, Func2 keySelector, Func2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer1 comparer) at Orchard.Environment.Features.FeatureManager.<EnableFeature>b__1e(String currentFeatureId, IDictionary2 featuresState) in c:\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\Features\FeatureManager.cs:line 147 at Orchard.Environment.Features.FeatureManager.GetAffectedFeatures(String featureId, IDictionary2 features, Func3 getAffectedDependencies) in c:\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\Features\FeatureManager.cs:line 195 at Orchard.Environment.Features.FeatureManager.GetAffectedFeatures(String featureId, IDictionary2 features, Func3 getAffectedDependencies) in c:\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\Features\FeatureManager.cs:line 195 at Orchard.Environment.Features.FeatureManager.EnableFeature(String featureId, IDictionary2 availableFeatures, Boolean force) in c:\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\Features\FeatureManager.cs:line 153 at Orchard.Environment.Features.FeatureManager.<>c__DisplayClass9.<EnableFeatures>b__4(String featureId) in c:\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\Features\FeatureManager.cs:line 73 at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator2.MoveNext() at System.Collections.Generic.List1..ctor(IEnumerable1 collection) at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable1 source) at Orchard.Environment.Features.FeatureManager.EnableFeatures(IEnumerable1 featureIds, Boolean force) in c:\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\Features\FeatureManager.cs:line 72 at Orchard.Modules.Services.ModuleService.EnableFeatures(IEnumerable1 featureIds, Boolean force) at Orchard.Modules.Controllers.AdminController.Enable(String id, Nullable1 force) at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass13.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__10() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass13.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass13.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func1 continuation)
"
My Orchard version is 1.7.0.0
Thanks in advance and good night for every one.
Walter F.
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Hi, do you have the module Piedone.Avatars installed?
Oct 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Yes, I have.
Neither Avatars neither Facebook suite modules gets enabled.
Coordinator
Oct 2, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Have you added the modules to the solution you're running Orchard from? Not doing this can cause such errors. The modules should work with 1.7 without problems BTW.
Oct 3, 2013 at 1:37 AM
I run Orchard from Microsoft WebMatrix.
I used the common Orchard gallery to download to modules.
I tried running Orchard from XAMPP, but the result was the same.
I don't know what to do.
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Ah, then the problem is probably lies probably in how you run the site. The versions on the Gallery are quite outdated however they should still work if you have all their dependencies (including the dependencies of Avatars) installed.

Although this is not a direct solution but a workaround, have you tried running the full source of Orchard?
Oct 3, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I have all dependencies for sure.
I tried, for sampling, installing in a different order in a virtual machine, but didn't resolved.
So, I quit about enabling this module.
Dec 5, 2013 at 3:22 AM
Any solution for this issue? Still I am seeing this when upgrade to 1.7.2 from 1.6.
Coordinator
Dec 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM
I haven't tried the module on 1.7.2 yet and most possibly due to time constraints I'll skip supporting that version (going straight to 1.8 and .NET 4.5). However the module should still work on 1.7.x and I don't know why this error is there that isn't even originating from FB Suite.